IT System Specialist (MAC OS)
Palo Alto, CA, United States
IT System Specialist
We are currently seeking a IT System Specialist to join our Talent & Operations team. The IT System Specialist will be based in our Palo Alto studio and provide IT setup, administration & support services for our U.S. design studios. This position is excellent for a person with significant IT & MAC-environment experience and someone interested in technology & gadgets.
Idean is a unique User Experience design agency and we believe that Life’s Too Short For Crappy UX. We are looking for a person who want’s to provide our talented people the most carefree and reliable IT-environment to create awesome designs for our customers. You are easily approachable, friend and with a great service attitude. You have solid experience in the MAC OS X environments and can easily create sustainable performing IT services.
The ideal candidate with 2-4 years of experience can:
- Setup the entire IT package for new employees including MAC computer with required software, email accounts, smartphones, keycards and so that new employees are ready-to-go on their first day.
- Refit MAC computers of departing employees, so that they can be placed back into service.
- Training & coaching of Mac OS X & standard applications used like Google Mail, Calendar & Drive.
- Manage all fixed IT-installations in meeting rooms including LCD-screens, conference phones, cables etc. and common printers are constantly working.
- Ensure all general services provided centrally for studio locations like CiscoWebEx, conference lines etc. are available and documented.
- Provide assistance regarding the use of computer hardware and software; including troubleshooting and resolving printing, applications, email, and operating systems issues.
- Create solid documentation of the operating IT infrastructure.
- Create quick guides and other documentation required to support end-users, based on requests.
- Update the IT asset management software so that all IT equipment is documented and counted for.
- Manage total lifecycle of IT-assets including hardware repairs, warranty issues to ensure the value of it IT-asset portfolio.
- Setup & manage test environments for developers e.g. GitHub.
- Support as needed the entire Talent & Operation team, which provides HR, IT, Facilities, Legal and other business services centrally for each Idean studio globally.
- 2-4 years of solid experience in MAC & OS X environments required with significant experience in Google Mail, Calendar & Drive.
- Interested in cool new gadgets & technology.
- Experience in similar work in a consultancy or creative agency is preferable.
- Experience in cloud computing, wireless networks, video conferencing and VOIP.
- Experience with Google Accounts, Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite, Symantec Encryption, Samanage, Cisco GoTo Assist is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision after orientation.
- Proactive person who has awesome attention to detail to customer service.
- Idean offers the following benefits for full-time employees among various other cool things:
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Unlimited Caltrain GoPass (all zones, all days)
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente.
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- Health & wellness program
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- …and multiple other cool benefits
This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Idean is a fast growing international company and you will be in the center of it all. Apply now and get to be involved in something great.