Summer Internship 2018 - Interaction Designer
Do you want to be involved in designing great experiences in a world-leading design environment?
Who are we:
Idean is a global design firm that works with some of the world's leading companies. Our goal is to improve people's lives by designing experiences meant for the heart. We help our clients to create long-term relationships with their customers. We work with entrepreneurs, experts and global organizations to create products and services that charm users, challenge industries, and define brands.
Founded in Finland in 1999, the company combines innovation expertise from Silicon Valley with Scandinavian design heritage. Idean has more than 230 designers working from studios in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, New York, Berlin, London, Helsinki, Tampere, Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger.
Since February 2017, Idean has been an independent subsidiary of Capgemini.
Capgemini is one of the world's largest IT and management consulting companies with over 200,000 employees globally. In Norway, we have around 1100 consultants working on a range of interesting assignments in sectors such as energy, health, public, telecom, transport, retail and banking and finance.
Interaction design Summer Internship In a Nutshell
Idean are looking for interaction designers for our 2018 summer internship.
This is a rare opportunity to learn more about how design, strategy and IT go together, and you will explore what it is like to work for a design firm on real projects and services. In addition you will also bond and develop your career network, preparing you for the future.
We design experiences, products, services and strategies. We work with organisations ranging from start-ups to some of the biggest brands and corporations in the world. We can promise you an exciting summer, that you will carry with you for all time.
You will become part of a nice and talented group of people in a fun and fast paced environment. We have a good mix of gender, and value an environment where we learn from- and build up each other.
- Work in multi-disciplinary design teams with other interns, guided by experienced designers
- Explore different areas of design, and find out more about what you want to work with after your studies
- Build a network of friends and professionals, that you will carry with you in your career
- Take part in the social happenings with us & the other interns in Idean and Capgemini.
Who are you
- You are a student, familiar with design methodology, and have a strong desire to learn more about design thinking
- Currently studying service design, interaction design, visual design, UX/UI design or similar
- Knowledge of relevant design tools is a plus (Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Sketch, whiteboards, paper sketches, etc)
- Great communication skills, and master Norwegian and/or English fluently.
- You have empathy; both for those you design for, but also for your colleagues
- Ability to work on multiple assignments at the same time, with tight deadlines
- You take chances, is not afraid to fail and thrive under pressure
- You have good work ethic, motivated by learning and pushing your boundaries
How long does the internship last?
The internship will last for 8 weeks, from 18 June to 10 August. There is a possibility for permanent work after the period
Oslo or Stavanger
February 28, 2018
How to apply:
- Do you have a Portfolio? Cool send us (link or pdf)
- Application letter, covering:
- Why do you want to work for Idean
- What do you think you can contribute with once here (what makes you special)
- Pick a digital service that you like and tell us what do you think is great about that service
- Transcripts and certificates
Contact person for this role: email@example.com