Senior UX Designer
Idean is growing fast and we are looking for experienced Senior UX-Designers to join our team in Oslo.
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
You've experienced first-hand how you can drive a user-centered design process to develop new products and services, and your strong portfolio and track record proves that. Not only do you understand the importance of user experience, but you can also effectively communicate it to our clients.
You get excited solving tough design challenges together on a team with other designers and developers and delivering them pixel perfect. At Idean you get to work in a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. You also get to mentor our future stars, and your proactive approach to creative problem solving will be essential to the success of the whole company.
We will give you the most inspiring projects on the planet. You get to work with an extremely talented and friendly team for our world-class customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Gather customer and end-user requirements and create overall UX concept and strategy
- Design the interaction model for mobile/web/embedded solutions
- Create clickable prototypes
- Conduct co-creation sessions with end-users and clients and usability testing sessions
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with internal design team members or with clients to define visual design direction
- Present designs to client and elaborate on design decisions made
- 5+ years of UX Design experience
- Experience as UX lead for digital services
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to involve and understand stakeholders
- A lean and open-minded mindset towards difficult challenges
- Solid understanding of common visual design theory
- Solid understanding of common front-end and back-end platforms
- Passion for UX design and eagerness to mentor and elevate with other creative people
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate
- Proficiency of creating visual designs with appropriate software toolbox
- Proven attention to details
- Willingness to travel
- You will take part in growing a successful, international unit in Norway and work with talented colleagues on exciting design projects
- You will work in an international environment that emphasize sharing of best practice and participate in design projects both in Norway, Europe and US
- You have the opportunity to further develop your competence in a cultivated, digital UX agency with well-established methodologies
- You will work with people that challenge you and contribute to the development of your career
- You will get the chance to work on projects where you are responsible for UX, while talented management consultants and IT consultants contribute with their expertise
- We offer a competitive salary in addition to good insurance coverage and pension schemes, free health check and subsidized gym membership
- You will work interdisciplinary – our teams also work with interesting projects within machine learning, cloud, innovation and other digital transformation. As a designer you will often be a part of these project teams
Who we are
Idean is a global design firm that works with some of the world's leading companies. Our goal is to improve people's lives by designing experiences meant for the heart. We help our clients to create long-term relationships with their customers. We work with entrepreneurs, experts and global organizations to create products and services that charm users, challenge industries, and define brands.
Founded in Finland in 1999, the company combines innovation expertise from Silicon Valley with Scandinavian design heritage. Idean has more than 230 designers working from studios in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, New York, Berlin, London, Helsinki,Tampere, Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger.
Since February 2017, Idean has been an independent subsidiary of Capgemini.
Capgemini is one of the worlds largest IT and management consulting companies with over 200,000 employees globally.
In Norway, we have around 1100 consultants working on a range of interesting assignments in sectors such as energy, health, public, telecom, transport, retail and banking and finance.