Are you a rising superstar in UI Development world, who is driven by challenging projects where you can develop your skills to the next level? Are you also looking to be part of the community of fearless, curious and inspiring Ideanists?
We are currently seeking for Creative Techs to join our team in Bergen, Norway.
The Bergen Studio currently consists of 11 talented designers - creating digital services that define brands. We work on both local, national and internationally projects. Most of the work we do are created in-house, in cross-disciplinary teams from our Studio. We have high ambitions and want to recruit people that can get involved forming the best service design studio in Bergen.
Your new crew
We strive to create a fun, engaging working environment where we can learn from each other. We have close to a 50/50 gender balance and also enjoy socializing after work. Our studio is centrally located directly on seaside of Nøstet in Bergen Harbour. So when we do not create unicorn moments for our clients we get busy counting seagulls and svans.
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
You deliver what you promise and exceed expectations. You’re creative and positive when working as a part of our specialist team, but you can also take responsibility independently. You understand the importance of user experience and its implications on website development.
You are comfortable with rapid prototyping and HTML development and the relevant helper libraries such as jQuery. You’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your development skills you are able to implement the concepts and complex services designed by our UX experts into perfectly functioning, responsive, high-performance websites.
- 3+ years of experience
- Portfolio that represents a range of developed websites and services.
- Strong knowledge of website development.
- Passion for emerging technologies and hunger to innovate.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Norwegian and English.
- Ability to complete complex projects efficiently, proactively and with excellent quality.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn new languages, tools and platforms.
- Interested in working in contact with clients.
You can speak to:
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS)
- MVC and/or MVVM AngularJS/React/Ember/Backbone
Job tasks/common obstacles you should be able to work with:
- Compatibility (Browsers, devices)
- git (utilizing source control systems)
- Understanding and ability to create a mock API (Node/ExpressJS/ngMock)
- Working knowledge of Databases (MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Data Model Understanding
- Testing Frameworks (karma/protractor/cucumber/jasmine/Qunit)
- Competitive salary
- Chance to travel and work in Scandinavia and beyond
- A clear career framework to help you grow
- Attendance in UX seminars and relevant education
- Sponsored culture events activities like theater plays, wine tasting, team trips, national gatherings
- Bonus model based on experience
- A solid pension fund agreement
- Life, travel and sick insurance
- Mobile, broadband and multiple other cool benefits
We offer you an opportunity to join us in creating the future of user experience: digital services & products that change the world.