Are you a rising superstar in the UI Development world. Someone who is driven by challenging projects where you can develop your skills to the next level? Are you also looking to be part of the community of fearless, curious and inspiring Ideanists?
We are currently seeking UI Developers to join our team in Oslo, Norway.
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
You deliver what you promise and exceed expectations. You’re creative and positive when working as a part of our specialist team, but you can also take responsibility independently. You understand the importance of user experience and its implications on website development.
You are comfortable with rapid prototyping and HTML development. You’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your development skills you are able to implement the concepts and complex services designed by our UX experts into perfectly functioning, responsive, high-performance websites.
- 3+ years of experience
- Portfolio that represents a range of developed websites and services.
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and other developers.
- Passion for emerging technologies and a hunger to innovate.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Skills in any scandinavian language is a plus, but is not required.
- Ability to complete complex projects efficiently, proactively and with excellent quality.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn new languages, tools and platforms.
- An Interest in working in contact with clients.
You can speak:
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS)
- MVC and/or MVVM (React/Vue/AngularJS)
Job tasks/common obstacles you should be able to work with:
- Compatibility (Browsers, devices)
- Git (utilizing source control systems)
- Understanding of and ability to create a mock API (Node/ExpressJS/ngMock)
- Working knowledge of Databases (MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Data Model Understanding
- Testing Frameworks (karma/protractor/cucumber/jasmine/Qunit)
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to travel and work in Scandinavia and beyond
- A clear career framework to help you grow
- Attendance in UX seminars and relevant education
- Sponsored culture events activities like theater plays, wine tasting, team trips, national gatherings
- Bonus model based on experience
- A solid pension fund agreement
- Life, travel and sick insurance
- Mobile, broadband and multiple other cool benefits
We offer you an opportunity to join us in creating the future of user experience: digital services & products that change the world.
Who we are
Idean is a global design firm that works with some of the world's leading companies. Our goal is to improve people's lives by designing experiences meant for the heart. We help our clients to create long-term relationships with their customers. We work with entrepreneurs, experts and global organizations to create products and services that charm users, challenge industries, and define brands.
Founded in Finland in 1999, the company combines innovation expertise from Silicon Valley with Scandinavian design heritage. Idean has more than 230 designers working from studios in Palo Alto, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Austin, New York, Berlin, London, Helsinki,Tampere, Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger.
Since February 2017, Idean has been an independent subsidiary of Capgemini.
Capgemini is one of the worlds largest IT and management consulting companies with over 200,000 employees globally. In Norway, we have around 1100 consultants working on a range of interesting assignments in sectors such as energy, health, public, telecom, transport, retail and banking and finance.