We are currently seeking Front-end developers to join our team in Stavanger, Norway.
Are you a rising superstar in the UI Development world, with a history of creating awesome experiences working with design and designers? Are you someone who is driven by challenging projects where you can develop your skills to the next level? Are you also looking to be part of the creative community of fearless, curious and inspiring Ideanists?
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
You deliver what you promise and exceed expectations. You’re creative and positive when working as a part of our specialist team, but you can also take responsibility independently. You understand the importance of user experience and its implications on website development.
You are comfortable with rapid prototyping and HTML development. You’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your development skills you are able to implement the concepts and complex services designed by our UX experts into perfectly functioning, responsive, high-performance websites.
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience working with designers in a digital design environment
- Knowledge and skills in creating accessible services
- Portfolio that represents a range of developed websites and services.
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and other developers.
- Passion for emerging technologies and a hunger to innovate.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English. Skills in any scandinavian language is a plus, but is not required.
- Ability to complete complex projects efficiently, proactively and with excellent quality.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and learn new languages, tools and platforms.
- An Interest in working in contact with clients.
You can speak to
- CSS Preprocessors (SASS)
- MVC and/or MVVM (React/Vue/AngularJS)
Job tasks/common obstacles you should be able to work with
- Accessibility (WCAG)
- Compatibility (Browsers, devices)
- Git (utilizing source control systems)
- Understanding of and ability to create a mock API (Node/ExpressJS/ngMock)
- Working knowledge of Databases (MongoDB/PostgreSQL)
- Data Model Understanding
- Testing Frameworks (karma/protractor/cucumber/jasmine/Qunit)
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to travel and work in Scandinavia and beyond
- A clear career framework to help you grow
- Attendance in UX seminars and relevant education
- Sponsored culture events activities like theater plays, wine tasting, team trips, national gatherings
- Bonus model based on experience
- A solid pension fund agreement
- Life, travel and sick insurance
- Mobile, broadband and multiple other cool benefits
We offer you an opportunity to join us in creating the future of user experience: digital services & products that change the world.
Who we are
Idean is a global design firm that works with some of the world's leading companies. Our goal is to improve people's lives by designing experiences meant for the heart. We help our clients to create long-term relationships with their customers. We work with entrepreneurs, experts and global organizations to create products and services that charm users, challenge industries, and define brands.
Founded in Finland in 1999, the company combines innovation expertise from Silicon Valley with Scandinavian design heritage.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.