Senior/Lead Product Manager
We are currently looking for experienced Senior/Lead Product Managers to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully handpicked projects, and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
Idean London has some really exciting news! We are joining forces with design consultancy Adaptive Lab. Since opening our London studio in 2017 we’ve been building a strong team of design experts that share our vision for bold design and impactful client outcomes. The leadership and talent at Adaptive Lab are exactly the visionary partners we’ve been looking for to take us to the next level in the UK and will expand our offer to include product and technology build and go-to-market delivery. You can read more about the news here.
More about the role
We’re expanding our product team and we’re on the lookout for Senior and Lead Product Managers. The roles would combine senior ownership of the design and build of products, and launch these into the market, with helping Adaptive Lab to further define our go-to-market offer, reporting directly to our Product Principal and Directors.
We know that to make a difference, we need to ship things. And do so quickly without sacrificing quality. Then we need to make them better, to iterate on them in market, fix bugs, improve the experience, add features, and grow the user base. It’s always challenging but also incredibly rewarding.
Our product teams are small, multidisciplinary and laser-focused on delivering value to both the user and our client. We follow an agile approach but know the difference between the dogma and what’s actually required to work together successfully.
We partner closely with our clients, making sure we design our involvement to deliver the biggest chance of long-term success. This is crucial in allowing us to play a role not only in designing and building the product but also in helping shape and challenge the strategy.
This role is critical to making that magic happen. You’ll act as the lynchpin between the team and client, own the backlog and be able to provide the bridge between the user stories and the strategy.
- Quickly build domain expertise and understand the dynamics of a new market/user segment
- Build strong relationships with the leadership team of FTSE 100 companies
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge products and services
- Work with our designers to research and define requirements
- Identify relevant use cases and prioritise according to a roadmap
- Prepare solid specifications for new features
- Take ownership for the delivery of a new product or service
- Play a pivotal role between our clients and our internal multi-disciplinary teams
- Challenge client opinions and assumptions
- Clearly communicate build and delivery options along with their pros and cons
- Be comfortable balancing project priorities
- Identify, shape and secure new business opportunities
- Have a strong understanding of the design process and modern development practices.
- Experience within the product manager/owner domain, or similar, for 5+ years
- A strong understanding of user-centered design and agile delivery
- Deep domain knowledge in one or two related areas (e.g. marketing/growth, software development, service delivery, or analytics)
- Solid technical understanding of web technologies
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams and coaching junior team members
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Became well adjusted to navigating ambiguity and challenging environments/clients.
Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you can opt out).
From experience, you know how precarious these ‘go-to-market’ roads can be. Given the nature of this role, and the way in which partner with our clients, we’re looking for a very particular type of person for this role - we don’t care if you’re an introvert or an extrovert, wear sneaks or shoes, but you must have passion and tenacity when it comes to getting products and services live!
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, ran around laser quest, brewed our own beer, learnt magic and held a couple of poker nights
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the office regularly and each time we try to focus on something we're currently doing or something coming up. It's our time to set strategy, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.