Senior Product Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of Idean studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
More about the role
In this Product Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and product design offer.
As a member of the design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, and branding. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span user research, UX, and visual design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Set design standards and inspire the client towards these visions
- Run experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Contribute to designing frameworks and approaches for Idean
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience facilitating the design of new and existing products and services by bringing people together, and facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Data visualisation methods and principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Good copywriting skills
- Solid business acumen and a hunger to learn more.
Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it?), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then we’ll have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.