Senior Product Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer, with a visual focus, to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully handpicked projects, and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
Idean London has some really exciting news! We are joining forces with design consultancy Adaptive Lab. Since opening our London studio in 2017 we’ve been building a strong team of design experts that share our vision for bold design and impactful client outcomes. The leadership and talent at Adaptive Lab are exactly the visionary partners we’ve been looking for to take us to the next level in the UK and will expand our offer to include product and technology build and go-to-market delivery. You can read more about the news here.
More about the role
In this Product Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and visual design offer.
As a member of the design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, and branding. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span user research, UX, and visual design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas. For this role we’d like someone who leads with visual design but gets excited about and wants to be involved in all activities.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Set visual design standards and inspire the client towards these visions
- Run experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Contribute to designing frameworks and approaches for Idean
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience facilitating the design of new and existing products and services by bringing people together, and facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Data visualisation methods and principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Good copywriting skills
- Solid business acumen and a hunger to learn more.
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Your preferred working tools
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Inspiring career paths
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Opportunities to travel and work in other Idean studios if you fancy.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.