We are currently looking for a [midweight] Product Designer to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
We’re a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists here in the UK, and part of a global network of studios. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about the role
In this Product Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and design offer.
As a member of the design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, and branding. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span user research, UX, and visual design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Set design standards and inspire the client towards these visions
- Run experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Contribute to designing frameworks and approaches for Idean
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in many stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience facilitating the design of new and existing products and services by bringing people together, and facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration (but this is not essential)
- A combination of experience designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience, but not essential
- Data visualisation methods and principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Good copywriting skills
- Solid business acumen and a hunger to learn more.
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare cover
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, held a terrarium workshop, brewed our own beer, learnt magic, and tried our hand at screenprinting
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.