Senior Design Researcher
We are looking for an accomplished Senior Design Researcher to join our studio in Palo Alto.
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully picked projects, and crafting a work environment that supports the production of brilliant and amazing work.
As Senior Design Researcher, you are responsible for bringing the voice of people into our design practices and projects. With your hands on experience, you can plan and conduct both qualitative and quantitative research that give insights and directions for the designs we deliver to our clients.
You love working with clients and internal teams, and you can lead, conduct and analyze research through the whole design cycle. You are an empathetic and credible communicator who can get people around you excited about the opportunities you discover with research.
At Idean, we offer a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. We are proud of our many and diverse clients that allow our employees to constantly learn as they adapt their own approaches for each client or project's exclusive requirements. You’ll be working as a part of a multidisciplinary team with these diverse clients, who range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Work closely with a tight-knit design and development team to support a consistent product vision from research to delivery.
- Plan qualitative and quantitative research activities in your project team: identify areas that can benefit from user research, define research goals, develop research plans, conduct studies and synthesize results
- Develop research protocols and discussion guides, generate screeners, and manage logistics for recruiting research participants, or working with recruiters.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings and recommendations.
- Travel outside of Bay Area and the US for projects
- 5+ years of hands on experience in design research
- Prior successful experience leading design teams through research activities through the whole design and development cycle
- Experience with various research methodologies and types, such as usability testing, generative research, ethnography, contextual interviews, surveys, and diary studies.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Unlimited Caltrain GoPass (all zones, all days)
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente
- Basic life insurance
- Inspiring Career Paths and support for personal development
- Weekly team lunches
- …and multiple other cool benefits
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Idean expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Idean’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.