Senior Service Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior/LeadService Designer to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
We’re a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists here in the UK, and part of a global network of studios. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about the role
As a member of the service design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, build and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our service design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in design, complex digital transformation service design, organisation change and design, strategy, and business analysis. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we’d like someone who has similar experience, with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Create and design of holistic and detailed user journeys and service blueprints that could scale
- Understand the supporting systems and organisational structures which uphold the current service and design improvements, both digital product and process
- Facilitate experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Design new services from scratch
- Contribute to the design of a new service design framework and approach for Adaptive Lab
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and the community.
- Experience of service design work that goes beyond the strategy and includes piloting and taking services live
- A strong understanding of user centered design
- Facilitated a variety of research techniques, used appropriately and successfully
- Undergone hard problem solving, i.e. time spent navigating sector or organisation complexity, designing for difficult to surface customer needs, surfacing user behaviour challenges, or grasping tech opportunities
- Enough tech and digital know-how to hold a high level conversation with a technologist
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Comfort working closely with product designers and technologists.
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare cover
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, held a terrarium workshop, brewed our own beer, learnt magic, and tried our hand at screenprinting
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.