Senior Service Designer
We’re currently looking for Senior Service Designers to join our team in London.
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 90 here in London, we’re a curious and caring mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and Beta Businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. Idean is a part of Capgemini Invent, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business. Our team has written a bunch of articles about their work and life here at Idean over on our blog.
We take on projects of many shapes and sizes. They can be short or long, depending on the scope. And they can sometimes involve some travel to see clients and users. However right now, like most companies around the world, we’re embracing remote working. Our studio has slowly started to re-open for those who'd like to spend time there (all optional of course) but our later plan is to develop a hybrid model, where some purposeful in-person working will sit alongside continued remote working. This means that to work at Idean UK your fixed place of residence must be in or around London (although we appreciate you might be elsewhere right now).
More about the role
You’ll be responsible for delivering against our multidisciplinary approach to designing and launching products, services and businesses - some of the bravest projects our clients have ever launched. You’ll also be a part of advancing our approach, helping to grow our culture, coaching junior members of the team, and partnering with and inspiring our clients. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our service design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in design, complex digital transformation, organisation change and design, strategy and business analysis. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span multiple areas of service design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas, and especially those who have been a part of teams who have launched services to market, or who have worked on services in-market. We’re flexible about what your experience is.
- Play a leading role in the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within or lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Deliver quality design work and inspire the client towards these standards
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Facilitate or lead experiments and design sprints
- Create detailed user journeys and service blueprints that could scale
- Understand supporting systems and organisational structures
- Design new services from scratch
- Contribute to advancing Idean’s design approach
- Collaborate with clients to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Take an active interest in our service design Community of Practice and industry and regularly share your work and ideas with the broader team and community.
More about this level
As a senior at Idean you have developed a core set of practice skills and you have the ability to define what does good look like across a number of practice approaches. You will play a hands-on role in the delivery of project activities and deliverables, e.g. workshops, presentations and feedback sessions, and your outputs will also include high quality work for your given practice with minimal guidance and oversight. You will develop trusted client relationships and lead activities and client interactions related to your practice area. You will play a key role in maintaining the project plan and you may play the project lead role on small projects; you will be able to prioritise your work accordingly as well as identify dependencies related to your work and the broader plan, and help manage these with the team. You will have an emerging set of team management skills and this will include spotting performance issues and helping to manage these, coaching more junior members of the team, and initiating feedback activities. You will identify ways to work on your personal development and actively participate in growing and advancing your Community of Practice and the studio.
- Experience of product development, digital transformation, or customer experience design
- Experience of getting involved in multiple stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of service design work that goes beyond the strategy and includes piloting and taking services live would be nice to have
- A strong understanding of user-centred design
- Experience of facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- The drive to deliver great work
- The instinct to recognise when something doesn’t work
- The drive to proactively identify and implement improvements to the way we work
- The ability and drive to engage in and encourage feedback activities
- Comfort reflecting on your individual performance and behaviours and, together with feedback from others, you will actively seek to continuously improve
- Passion about helping to create an environment where people can do great work
- Buckets of positivity and a “can do” attitude.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, we'll take a look at your application and you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. If you look like a possible fit for the role, then we’ll invite you to have a remote chat with someone from our Talent team. After that, there will be two remote interviews with people from the team you’re applying to, perhaps with a task (depending on the role you’re applying for). There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into how we work, and how we grow and support our team. Our policies on inclusive behaviours, mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as inclusive and forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA Healthcare self cover
- 25 days of holiday
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18-weeks maternity full pay and 4-weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Remote weekly community of practice get-togethers
- Remote weekly company updates and lunch and share sessions
- Remote quarterly company days. It's our time together to create plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.