Senior Service Designer
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior/LeadService Designer to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of Idean studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
More about the role
As a member of the service design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, build and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our service design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in design, complex digital transformation service design, organisation change and design, strategy, and business analysis. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we’d like someone who has similar experience, with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Design and facilitate research and insight programmes
- Create and design of holistic and detailed user journeys and service blueprints that could scale
- Understand the supporting systems and organisational structures which uphold the current service and design improvements, both digital product and process
- Facilitate experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Design new services from scratch
- Contribute to the design of a new service design framework and approach for Idean
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and the community.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
- Experience of service design work that goes beyond the strategy and includes piloting and taking services live
- A strong understanding of user centered design
- Facilitated a variety of research techniques, used appropriately and successfully
- Undergone hard problem solving, i.e. time spent navigating sector or organisation complexity, designing for difficult to surface customer needs, surfacing user behaviour challenges, or grasping tech opportunities
- Enough tech and digital know-how to hold a high level conversation with a technologist
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Comfort working closely with product designers and technologists.
Some of our work involves travel. We sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then we’ll have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.