We are currently looking for a Commercial Manager, to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that businesses need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
Idean London joined forces with design consultancy Adaptive Lab in July 2018. We’re now a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists in the UK and part of a 400+ team globally. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about the role
We believe everyone has a role to play in the business development and client growth at Idean, but some people are just naturally more commercially minded. The Commercial Manager will play a key role in winning the work we want to be working on as a studio and helping everyone else be just that bit better at winning the work they want to be delivering.
In this Commercial Manager role you will:
- Work closely with the leadership team and senior members of the studio team to decide on client and sector strategy, which will determine the work we pursue in any quarter.
- Prep for and attend new business meetings with senior members of the team, qualifying and getting advances on new potential opportunities.
- Own or CRM tool and client database. You will be responsible for maintaining the database and working closely with various members of the team and our Marketing Lead to create campaigns and follow up messaging to warm leads.
- Have oversight of brief being responded to in the studio and manage the process of creating proposals and pitching.
- In time, take initial client briefings and qualify opportunities.
As a member of the Operations Team team, you’re key to us having a successful and happy team and business. You will work closely with the General Manager of the UK and Head of Commercial & Operations. You will be shaping the work we win and that the team deliver. You will join a team of studio managers, marketers, business development folk, talent and finance folk.
- Represent the business with clients.
- Help get the best out of other team members when it comes to business development and client growth.
- Write proposals and know what good looks like when it comes to sales.
- Over time, know what the right opportunities for us are and qualify effectively.
- Good organisational skills.
- Are a confident presenter.
- Experience in business development and working with key client accounts.
- Ideally some experience in project budget creation, or at least a reasonable understanding of numbers.
- Experience in digital, design and innovation space.
- Some experience of pipeline management and CRM, even at a basic level.
- A sense of humour and the ability to get stuck in!
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Your preferred working tools
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Inspiring career paths
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Opportunities to travel and work in other Idean studios if you fancy.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.