Idean is looking for a Studio Associate to join our team at our downtown Palo Alto studio.
The ideal candidate must have an eye for detail, presentation and great client service. At Idean the client employee and candidate experience is #1. This candidate will want to provide a positive experience for clients and employees by utilizing our creative spaces, food and beverages combined with top notch hospitality.
We are seeking an individual who can efficiently run the daily client & employee support operations at our Palo Alto Studio. The work consists of ensuring all spaces are properly set up before the day starts and touched up throughout the day for different events & occasions. A key part of the responsibilities include being able to provide the office with administrative support and organization. In addition this job includes food & beverage service to clients & employees and occasionally coming up with some surprises to provide additional experiences.
- Perform Studio opening activities each morning to ensure all spaces are organized properly ready to welcome clients and employees
- Greet all clients and employees in a warm & inviting manner, including organizing well functioning flow of incoming and departing guests
- Provide administrative support to Head of Studio, design & delivery team, visiting members of management team, and guests
- Overseeing and executing general facilities maintenance, ensuring proper staging and organization of the office, proper functioning of all common office equipment, conference rooms are properly stocked and clean at all times, etc.
- Coordinate team building events, including happy hours, weekly meals, personal stories, and other out-of-office events
- Clean the break room and kitchen (doing dishes and wiping counter-tops throughout the day, taking out trash and recycling)
- Organize and provide continued support for major events, -- this consists of owning decorating, arranging and delivering promotional printings, greeting guests, coordinating with contracted maintenance and hospitality servers
- Manage the Studio kitchen, coffee bar and catering constantly to ensure that they are properly stocked and neatly and uniquely presented
- Hire and serve as the main point of contact for external vendors and contractors (custodial company, grocery delivery, building manager, landscapers, etc.)
- Prepare meeting & workspaces for project kick offs and meetings
- Plan, coordinate, and execute any gift-giving (new employee welcome gifts, thank you gifts, client gifts etc).
- Cater to all of the needs of clients and remembering detailed wishes of individual clients for future visits
- Assist in coordinating large-scale events (with +200 guests) hosted periodically at the Studio
- Participate in weekly studio meetings with Operations Manager and Studio Associates
- 2+ years of work experience
- Values that fit right alongside Idean’s
- Ability to help in creating a fun work environment
- High level of self-motivation and proactiveness
- Strong customer service skills and instincts
- Critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- A "get it done" attitude and a work ethic to match
- Unwavering integrity and strong character
- Previous work experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment. Hospitality industry is a plus
- Strong knowledge of basic office applications in a Mac environment
- A knack for technology and problem solving when its not working properly
- Event planning & coordination experience
- Valid driver's’ license and ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to conduct multiple task simultaneously under tight timelines
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- You’re able to keep deadlines in a changing working environment. You work well under pressure
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Unlimited Caltrain GoPass (all zones, all days)
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- Health & wellness program
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- …and multiple other cool benefits
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without restrictions.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.