We are currently looking for an Operations Manager, to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that businesses need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
Idean London joined forces with design consultancy Adaptive Lab in July 2018. We’re now a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists in the UK and part of a 400+ team globally. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about the role
Our studio's success relies upon us making the most of our awesome people and prioritising our efforts in the right way. This doesn’t happen by accident and takes careful planning.
In this Operations Manager role you will:
- Be responsible for scheduling. Ensuring the right people are on the right projects and future project needs are understood. We currently have a process in place, but we’re keen for you to come and reshape this into whatever works best. We’re not precious about process but we do believe in running a human-centred practice centred around fit, interest and skill development.
- Own the company backlog. On occasion, the team will have spare capacity and sometimes internal projects will trump client work. You will need to manage the company backlog, taking requests from the business, prioritising what needs to happen and allocating the right team to complete the work. This type of work needs to be managed like any other project, and you might be the accountable person depending on the internal work taking place.
- Work closely with the Head of Commercial & Operations and General Manager of the UK to prioritise what needs to happen at a company level to hit our objectives in any quarter. The capacity we have across the business has limits and we need to be focused on what we start, ensure we see things through and embed them. This goes beyond the company backlog and will help decide what initiatives we start in any quarter.
- Ensuring projects are set up correctly and key metrics are tracked. We need to keep track of certain measures at a project level to ensure we are running things efficiently. This will involve working closely with project leads and our finance team to identify any potential risks before they arise. You will attend project kick-off meetings and weekly project status meetings.
As a member of the Operations Team team, you’re key to us having a successful and happy team and business. You will join a team of studio managers, marketers, business development, talent and finance folk.
- Manage multiple tasks at once.
- Prioritise effectively.
- Translate project needs into actionable steps.
- Manage senior members of the team, everyone will think their priority is top. With knowledge of the wider business objectives, you can help focus the business.
- Experience of scheduling (/casting/trafficking/resourcing - you might call it something different) in an agency environment.
- Ideally some experience in project budget management, or at least a reasonable understanding of numbers.
- An understanding of the digital, design and innovation space.
- A grasp of what we mean by utilisation.
- A sense of humour and the ability to get stuck in!
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Your preferred working tools
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Inspiring career paths
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Opportunities to travel and work in other Idean studios if you fancy.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.