Developer (all levels)
We are currently looking for a Developers to join our team in London, we're hiring across mid, senior and level levels.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of Idean studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
Some things we have recently launched include:
More about the role
This is a unique opportunity to be a part of a growing technology team. You'll have the opportunity to do great work and define our approach to technology in the studio and with our clients.
As a Developer here you’ll be responsible for all aspects of solution development, including the overall design of the solution, the technical architecture and the code quality.
You’ll work across all stages of the product lifecycle: from inception to proof of concept, to full build and then launch in market. You’ll also work closely with our broader team of Strategists, Designers, Backend Developers and QA’s to get to a fantastic result.
- Work with a lot of different technologies. We don’t have a set stack, although we lean towards open source frameworks and cloud services that let us get stuff done quickly. We’ve recently done some awesome work with React, Node.js and Ruby and Rails
Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get stuff built and shipped and into customers hands as fast as we can. We’re not a team of perfectionists, and although we value good quality code highly, we’re a team of do-ers and shippers
Work within a multi-skilled technology team consisting of Senior Developers, Mobile Developers and QA’s. However, we build teams around projects and each project team is multi-disciplinary and made up of Product Strategists, Service Designers, Product Designers and Developers
- Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. You’ll be an integral part of the development team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
Solid knowledge of React.js or Ruby and Rails. We do a lot of work with these technologies, and would be looking for someone with great experience in working with them
An eye for detail and passion to make what we create shine. Our products have got to be functionally correct and they’ve also got to look good
Passion and curiosity for the web and technology. We want to push ourselves and we want to stay current. Infectious enthusiasm is a bonus!
- Excellent communication and will enjoy working in teams. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, ship products. We’re all responsible for the quality of the code and the success of the project.
Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it?), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then we’ll have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.