Receptionist and Studio Coordinator
We’re growing our Studio team and looking for a Receptionist and Studio Coordinator to work closely with our Studio Manager to manage our 1st-floor space. You will be instrumental in helping to create an even more productive and fun environment for everyone here. We have an incredible team and culture, and our space is a big part of what makes us special.
You will own the experience of guests visiting our studio and support broader team goings on, looking after our space and heavily impacting the experience of what it’s like to work and hang out here.
This role has defined working hours, 08.00-17.00, with the occasional need to work outside of working hours to assist with events and other activities.
More about the role
- Answering and filtering telephone calls, passing on messages to the team via Slack
- Answering the door, greeting visitors and making refreshments
- Receiving and distributing post, storing large deliveries in the storeroom
- Ensuring that the 1st-floor reception, meeting rooms, kitchen and breakout areas are clean and tidy at all times
- Keeping our snack areas in check, monitoring supplies, placing orders, and replenishing food and drinks throughout the day
- Setting up and clearing meeting rooms, help with making refreshments, etc
- Ordering breakfast/lunches for client meetings and helping set up
- Signing out tech items and access fobs, managing and keeping the respective inventories up to date
- Ordering, organising and maintaining stationery kits, stationary areas, and our studio printers
- Daily trips to the 2nd-floor studio for stock checks and tidying the shared spaces
- Assisting with our finance operations, including the daily filing of business card expense receipts, assisting with the Leadership team's expenses as required and ensuring we have a tip-top online filing system
- Assisting the Studio Manager with ad hoc tasks when required
- Occasional errands and other studio admin support – post runs and laptop repairs
- We host a bunch of different events - internal, public (we run a series called Pi People), community and client workshops - and you will be required to assist the Studio Manager with logistics in the run-up and event coordination on the night
Desired skills and experience
- Good working knowledge of Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Slack and Harvest (or the willingness to get up to speed with new tools quickly)
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Calm under pressure
- A ‘can do attitude’
- An eye for detail and someone that takes pride in their work
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- AXA healthcare cover
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, held a terrarium workshop, brewed our own beer, learnt magic, and tried our hand at screen-printing
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.