Senior UX/Interaction Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior UX/Interaction Designer to join our studio in Stockholm!
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
At Idean we believe and know that great design can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully handpicked projects and crafting a work environment that supports thoughtful work and growth.
You have solid experience in designing new products and services using human centered design practices. Not only do you understand the importance of user experience, but you can also communicate it to our clients. You are passionate about solving design challenges together on a team of other creatives, designers, and developers, and strive to deliver pixel-perfect work.
We offer a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. We will give you the most inspiring projects in the world to work on. We are proud of our many and diverse clients that allow our employees to constantly learn as they adapt their own approaches for each client or project's unique requirements. You’ll be working as a part of a multidisciplinary team with these diverse clients, who range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Be a hands-on specialist in interaction design and digital product development
- Plan and drive generative design research activities and co-creation workshops
- Plan and execute evaluative research of digital products with end-users and/or clients (usability testing, expert evaluations etc.)
- Craft design research outputs in the shape of design principles, personas, scenarios, journeys, requirements and user stories
- Translate design research into UX concepts, information architecture, wireframes, user flows etc., for web, mobile and other technologies
- Create basic and complex product and service prototypes, from paper to interactive tools
- Support junior designers in your project team ensuring quality and adherence to design principles
- Work in agile software development projects to turn concepts into real products and services
- Iteratively improve the design solutions using both qualitative and quantitative data
- Be involved in sales pitch and other business generation activities
- 4+ years of tangible interaction design work experience required
- Masters degree in Human-Computer Interaction or a related design or behavioral science discipline preferred
- Knowledgeable of usability and user centered design processes
- Genuinely interested in established and emerging technologies
- A strong team player, comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and strategy consultants
- With good communication skills, able to present design decisions and deliverables to clients and other stakeholders
- Driven and independent: able to define your own growth path and are not defined by your job title
- A curious, inquisitive and empathetic person
To stand out:
- You have experience guiding and mentoring other designers, both in projects as well as in their career path
- You have experience in design operations and handoff tools
- You have gone beyond Sketch, Photoshop and Invision to explore more complex tools like Axure, FramerX, Justinmind etc.
- You have a good understanding of web and mobile technology. Can defend your design choices and sustain a conversation with software developers
- You want to be a strong interaction design first but are also interested in service design, content strategy, research etc.
- Fluency in English and Swedish
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- A creative environment that pushes you to constantly learn and grow
- Exciting assignments in a large variety of industries, small and big organizations mostly in Sweden
- A totally awesome, multidisciplinary and talented team to grow with
- Collaborative workspace located in the middle of Stockholm. And yes, we do have an indoor swing
- Possible option of cross studio collaboration and travel to other Idean studios
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.