We are looking for an inspiring Principals to join our teams in New York, San Francisco and Austin.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. It starts with awesome people, hand picked projects and a work environment that supports the production of brilliant design work that makes an impact.
We are expanding in North America, and to support this we want to build out a wider leadership team of Principals. These Principals have a background either in Experience Design, Service Design, Product Design, or Product Management & Delivery. With this combination, we can help our clients to launch new products and services, and to transform their organizations.
As a Principal, you develop trusted advisor relationships with both our current and future clients. You understand our clients’ business and their personal drivers and challenges, and use these relationships to identify and explore new opportunities. With this you drive the growth of Idean.
You turn these opportunities into inspiring briefs and set our design teams on the right track, setting a high bar for quality. This isn’t a role where we expect you to go away and create deliverables yourself, we want you to lead, influence and work with our cross functional teams to deliver great outcomes for our clients.
You will also act as a Development Manager for a team of Directors/Lead Designers, and together with our leadership, you help us define the ambition of our business and connect our Practices to work together to our overall strategy. You share this thinking and learnings outside of Idean too. You talk regularly at industry-leading events and write actively for both our and industry publications.
We offer a creative environment that allows you to leave your mark. At Idean we believe that businesses need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business intelligence to help organizations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up together with Capgemini Invent.
We have a team of designers, researchers, and engineers and technologists across North America and part of a network of global studios, working for our clients that are mainly in Financial Services, Technology, Telecommunications, Consumer Products, Retail and Energy.
- Inspire, coach and support people around you to succeed
- Support defining Idean’s overall design ambition and strategy
- Grow the business through becoming trusted advisors to our clients by solving their business problems
- Manage & lead complex digital transformation projects
- Find and drive new business opportunities and proposal creation leading into successful client pitches
- Raise the bar for our design teams and motivate them to reach even higher levels
- Support building and hiring a design team aligned with Idean’s growth strategy
- Write and speak publicly about our strategic design work and practices
- Travel up to 30%
- 10+ years of experience either in Experience Design, Service Design, Product Design or Product Management & Delivery, preferably in agency and consulting
- Sector experience in Financial Services or Technology, Media and Telecommunications is considered a plus
- Proven track record of success in delivering world class design
- Experience in building and managing a design team
- An existing network of design decision makers and design thinkers
- Strong understanding of strategic design
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.