We are currently looking for a Recruiting Manager to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
We’re a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists here in the UK, and part of a global network of studios. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about this role:
You will join a small Talent team who are responsible for growing the studio and delivering an awesome candidate and employee experience. Working with the Talent Director, Talent Coordinator and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for managing a number of our hiring efforts. You will manage the end to end recruitment process for open roles today, alongside building communities of talent for the future.
You must be passionate about designing incredible experiences, good communication, engaging individuals and exploring role and company fit, and building safe and strong working practices and culture. Our recruitment experience is based around this, underpinned by the rigour of managing a pipeline and responding to the business. One of our most important stages is screening (CV and initial interview), which the Talent team lead, so you will be one of the leading decisions makers in the business around who we bring onto the team.
As our Recruiting Manager you will:
- Work with our Talent Director and broader leadership team to perform people planning and design open roles
- Design attraction strategies and activities to reach talent and build our brand in the market. This will mean a dotted line into our marketing team, who are also tasked with talent marketing
- Perform rigorous sourcing efforts to build a pipeline and community. You must be passionate about sourcing and while we believe traditional methods work (scouring the web and our network for brilliant people, good comms and conversations, backed up with well-written job specs...) you should also be creative around this
- Manage assessment and partner closely with the studio to assess the potential of candidates as they move through the process. As part of this, you should regularly review and iterate our processes
- Lead cultivation/offer efforts. Your role is to guide and coach the candidate through the process, to help them understand is Idean the place for them right now. We want candidates to want to work here and accept offers but our approach puts people at the heart of our efforts
- Track and respond to the right metrics. Because of our high screening bar, our pipeline has a high conversation. This essentially means we interview fewer people than average to fill a role. Our focus is on the right metrics and balancing that with what we know to be true and right
- Lead strategic projects to introduce new activities and approaches, or to take what we do and make it better.
- Manage the input of senior stakeholders, leadership and hiring managers
- Get people involved and excited about recruiting and our people efforts
- Balance filling open roles with building a pipeline for the future
- Write good, engaging and informative copy
- Lead engaging and informative conversations with candidates
- Flex your emotional intelligence to make good people first decisions
- Juggle multiple roles and efforts
- Learn from your experience, your successes and mistakes
- Remain focused. Our business can be ambiguous at times with multiple moving parts.
- Experience of managing end to end recruitment
- Experience of working within an agency or in-house recruiting into design, product or tech roles
- Experience of leading sourcing efforts
- Experience of measuring and reporting recruiting efforts
- Very strong organisational skills
- A people first and human-centred approach
- Strong self-starting qualities and initiative
- A sense of humour and the ability to get stuck in!
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare cover
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, held a terrarium workshop, brewed our own beer, learnt magic, and tried our hand at screen-printing
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.