Senior Delivery Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Delivery Manager, to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that businesses need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
We’re a team of 80+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers, and engineers and technologists in the UK and part of a 400+ team globally. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
More about the role
This is a unique opportunity to be part of the early beginnings of a cohort of product managers and technologists within the studio, working on a wide range of great projects. We advocate for creating new environments to work and behave differently than our clients currently do - what we call building beta businesses - and this means influencing very early technology, design and strategy decisions.
This is effectively a “player-manager” role. While you’ll work on specific client projects, you’ll also be responsible for embedding good delivery practice into the studio. You’ll have the ability to set standards and define processes that soon others can adopt and learn from.
As a Delivery Manager you’ll work across all stages of the product lifecycle: from inception to proof of concept, to full build and then launch in market. You’ll also work closely with our broader team of Strategists, Designers, and Developers to get to a fantastic result. You will be accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk and highly technical products and services. A huge factor which will influence your success in the role will be how you communicate with the Idean team and our client, and how you regularly engage senior stakeholders.
Specifically we’re looking for someone to:
- Ensure some of our flagship projects are running like clockwork
- Define, create and embed a culture of high quality delivery at Idean through robust working practices and processes
- Recommend ways to improve our product and software development workflow
- Be an internal evangelist of quality practices at Idean
- Help build industry recognition for our practices at Idean
- Advocate for the user: you must care about users building great experiences.
- Coach team members and others, facilitate continuous improvement and apply the most appropriate agile and lean tools and techniques
- Proactively manage dependencies and overcome obstacles, protect the team and make sure the team collaborates and focusing on what is most important to deliver value
- Work on some cutting-edge projects
- Work very closely with a great mix of clients and some of the biggest players across the telecoms, banking and travel industries, amongst many other sectors
- Deliver value to our clients as quickly as possible. In tech terms, this means we get stuff built and shipped and into customers hands as fast as we can. We’re not a team of perfectionists, and although we value good quality code highly, we’re a team of do-ers and shippers
- Work within a multi-skilled technology team consisting of Product Managers, Frontend Developers, Backend Develops, and strategic Technologists. However, we build teams around projects and each project team is multi-disciplinary and made up of Product Strategists, Service Designers, Product Designers and Developers
- Assist with our hiring effort and mentor new team members as we continue to scale
- Spend time reflecting on the work we’re doing and how we’re doing it. As a Delivery Manager you’ll be an integral part of the build and go-to-market team and will help define “what good looks like” for the work we do. We’re an agile organisation with a strong culture of feedback and self-improvement and we’ll expect you to embrace and further shape this
- Excellent communication skills and want to work in a team. We’re a highly collaborative bunch and recognise that teams, not individuals, ship products and launch services. We’re all responsible for the success of the project
- Deep knowledge and experience of lean, agile and scrum practices, with the ability and want to coach others in these good practices within our team and our extended client team
- Strong track record of successful product / project delivery in a consultancy, agency or multi party environment. This includes the ability to estimate, develop and execute short term and longer term plans and roadmaps
- Excellent client facing & stakeholder management skills, with experience of being the main point of responsibility and escalation on a high profile project
- Experience managing more than one project or team simultaneously
- Plenty of experience running meetings, standups, retros, demos and preferably the odd workshop
- Good technical competency and the ability to speak with technical members of the team and client in depth (without of course having had to have been within a technical role in the past). This is about the ability to create trust and strong collaboration between technical and non-technical folk
- Experience of working with teams to improve performance, including having the right tools deploy when things are going so good
- Experience of working across the end to end product / service delivery lifecycle. You will work on projects from the early proposition stages through to delivery and growth in market
- A passion for feedback and developing good team habits and rituals
- Commercial savviness
- Supreme organisation skills
Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio as much as possible (because it’s beautiful, have you seen it), we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you can opt out).
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare cover
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, held a terrarium workshop, brewed our own beer, learnt magic, and tried our hand at screenprinting
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.