Senior Management Accountant
We’re currently looking for a Senior Management Accountant to join our team in London.
At Idean we believe that companies need to simultaneously transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We combine design, technology and business smarts to help organisations do just this. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up.
We’re a team of 80+ hybrid product and service designers, developers and technologists, and strategists here in the UK, and part of a global network of Idean studios and the broader Capgemini group. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst many other sectors.
The role and your core responsibilities
As a Management Accountant you will join our Operations team and work with our Finance Director, along with helping to manage and train the new purchase ledger clerk who is based in India. This is a great opportunity to help shape the finance function of a growing business and support the Leadership Team in the day to day running of the business. You will get exposure to all elements of the business, from financial strategy to project budgeting and there will be the ability to influence process and reporting.
- Proactive involvement with the business to improve processes and operational efficiency, including the production of ad hoc reports and analysis to support business decision making
- Liaise effectively with the key management team and project leads to deliver robust financial control
- Manage and complete the month end process, within tight deadlines and ensuring accuracy of reporting, alongside understanding the contracts in place and the appropriate financial treatment they require
- Draft monthly management accounts and help the Finance Director with group reporting in HFM, the accounting software we use within the group
- Post monthly journals on Xero such as income, accruals, prepayments and payroll
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled, understood and actioned monthly on Xero
- Work together with our Operations Manager and project teams to ensure that jobs are correctly set up on Harvest and that we have the processes in place to track charge out rate and net contribution on all projects
- Process sales invoices on Xero, including drafting the sales invoices for approval and uploading to client portal where required
- Ensure that everything is invoiced out on time and accrued income is kept to a minimum
- Carry out the income recognition on all jobs and reconcile them to ensure everything has been correctly recognised
- Prepare internal statement of works for internal projects on the Capgemini system and ensure intercompany invoices are uploaded
- Oversee the new purchase ledger clerk, who is based in India, to ensure he has entered all the purchase invoices, credit card spend, and staff expenses into the system correctly
- Set up weekly supplier payments on HSBC for approval by the Finance Director
- Credit control - ensure average debtor days are kept to a minimum
- Prepare and file our quarterly VAT return
- Prepare our weekly cash flow forecast
- Help to prepare our annual audit file.
- Previous experience within a similar finance role
- Experience of working as part of a group company
- Ideally 4-5 years of experience within a media, creative or digital agency environment
- The relevant qualifications. We’re ideally looking for a qualified Accountant or a final level student
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- The confidence to deal with all levels within a business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience of Xero and Harvest, however this is not essential.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then we’ll have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.