We’re looking for an awesome Senior Copywriter who can provide us with a synonym for “awesome” and a more exciting way to present this listing.
Probably more importantly, we need you to help us creatively solve chunky problems for our incredible clients – helping them create bold new experiences and communicate their ideas to the world.
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 700 peeps globally, and around 90 here in London, we’re a heady mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. It’s a place where you’ll meet lots of brainy people passionate about doing some of the best work of their lives. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses in the world across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business.
Some of our work involves travel. We sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
You’re the best at words. So bloody good. Whether they’re nice words, corporate words, juicy words, or new words. And you’re the best at capturing people’s imaginations. You can push a business, product or service over the edge of “normal” to “remarkable”. To make it sing in the minds of clients and customers. You’re happy working with and collaborating with just about anybody – as comfortable with a tiny, fast-moving startup team as you are with a giant, prestigious organisation. And you’re your own agent for change: you’re capable of leading in your practice and expertise, here to make a mark and push its profile within the Idean network.
Here’s what you might look like:
- Copywriter with about 6 years’ experience
- You’re adept at storytelling and generally making complicated ideas sound nice and understandable to humans
- You’re a visionary thinker – you can craft and communicate things that don’t exist yet
- You understand people of all shapes and sizes and get what makes them tick
- You’re familiar with writing for digital products
- You come with a wide range of writing and thinking experience: pitches, case studies, thought leadership, articles, maybe even books
- You have a good grounding in the principles of UX and human-centred design
- You have a driven, ambitious, collaborative attitude to work
- You’re great at turning corporate lingo into stuff you’d actually want to engage with
- You’re really good at talking about the value and impact of your work, and sharing your skills and thinking with the wider team.
- Experience with brand strategy
- Experience with content strategy
- Experience with consulting is a pretty big plus
- You’ve run some collaborative workshops (and you liked it)
- New business doesn’t scare you
- An understanding of design thinking
- An understanding of lateral thinking
- If you’ve got some good frameworks and ways of working under your belt, that’s good stuff
- Editing and proofing experience is good, too.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, we'll take a look at your application and you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. If you look like a possible fit for the role, then we’ll invite you to have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.