Front of House and Studio Coordinator
We’re currently looking for a Receptionist and Studio Coordinator.
This role has fixed working hours: Monday - Thursday 08.00-17.00 and Friday 08.30-17.30, and is a fixed term maternity cover role until January 2021. There may be the opportunity to move into a permanent studio team role after this.
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 700 peeps globally, and around 120 here in London, we’re a heady mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We work with a lot of big clients, like Three and Centrica, and help them launch new digital products and services, or even standalone new businesses. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business.
The role and your core responsibilities
You will be an essential part of the Operations team! You will manage our 1st-floor front of house, and work closely with the Studio Manager and broader team to ensure all day to day activities of the studio run smoothly. It’s a multi-faceted, important and fun role.
You will be instrumental in helping to create a productive and fun environment for everyone here. We have an incredible team and culture, and our space is a big part of what makes us special.
You will own the experience of guests visiting our studio and support broader team goings on, looking after our space and heavily impacting the experience of what it’s like to work and hang out here.
In addition to this roles defined working hours, it’s preferable that you’re also able to occasionally support out of hours events and other activities.
- Answering and filtering telephone calls, passing on messages to the team via Slack
- Answering the door, greeting visitors and making refreshments
- Receiving and distributing all post and courier deliveries.
- Ensuring that all areas of the 1st-floor are clean and tidy at all times
- Keeping our snack areas in check, monitoring supplies, placing orders, and replenishing food and drinks throughout the day
- Setting up and clearing meeting rooms, help with making refreshments, etc
- Ordering breakfast/lunches for client meetings and helping set up
- Signing out tech items and access fobs, managing and keeping the respective inventories up to date
- Ordering, organising and maintaining stationery kits, stationary areas, and our studio printers
- Daily trips to the 2nd-floor studio for stock checks and tidying the shared spaces
- Assisting with our finance operations, including the daily filing of business card expense receipts, assisting with the Leadership team's expenses as required and ensuring we have a tip-top online filing system
- Assisting the Studio Manager with ad hoc tasks when required
- Occasional errands and other studio admin support – post runs and laptop repairs.
- We host a bunch of different events - internal, industry (we run our own series called Pi People) and client workshops - and you will be required to assist the Studio Manager with logistics in the run-up.
Desired skills and experience
- At least two years previous experience in a similar role
- Good working knowledge of Gmail, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Slack and Harvest (or the willingness to get up to speed with new tools quickly)
- The ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Calm under pressure
- A ‘can do attitude’
- An eye for detail and someone that takes pride in their work.
No task will be too big or too small. You will always have a positive outlook and proactively assist the wider team in a calm, unflappable manner.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, we'll take a look at your application and you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. If you look like a possible fit for the role, then we’ll invite you to have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.