Lead Product Manager (Optimisation)
We are currently looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our team in London. We also have the flexibility to hire someone at a Senior level. This role is for a particular project and we are looking for a Product Manager who has growth and optimisation experience. Read on to hear what we’re ideally looking for.
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 700 peeps globally, and around 90 here in London, we’re a heady mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. It’s a place where you’ll meet lots of brainy people passionate about doing some of the best work of their lives. We also believe this can be done whilst having a laugh together and going home on time.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses in the world across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business.
Some of our work involves travel. We sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
Before you dive into the spec, we suggest you read this blog from our Product Principal. It's all about his experience of making products for other people, aka our consulting approach.
More about the role
We’re expanding our Product team and on the lookout for a Product Manager to run a small multi-disciplinary team across one of our MVNO platform projects. The role would combine senior ownership of the design, build and launch of products to market, helping Idean to further define our go-to-market offer, as well as driving growth for this particular project and client. You will have a reporting line into the project leadership team, in addition to our Product Principal or one of our Product Directors being your Development Manager.
We know that to make a difference, we need to ship things. And do so quickly without sacrificing quality. Then we need to make them better, to iterate on them in market, fix bugs, improve the experience, add features, and grow the user base. It’s challenging but also incredibly rewarding.
Our teams are small, multidisciplinary and laser-focused on delivering value to both the user and our client. We follow an agile approach but know the difference between the dogma and what’s actually required to work together successfully.
We partner closely with our clients, making sure we design our involvement to deliver the biggest chance of long-term success. This is crucial in allowing us to play a role not only in designing and building the product but also in helping shape and challenge the strategy.
This role is critical to making that magic happen. You’ll act as the lynchpin between the team and client, own the backlog and be able to provide the bridge between the user stories and the strategy.
- Lead optimisation of digital products with a focus on customer acquisition
- Quickly build domain expertise and understand the dynamics of a new market/user segment
- Build strong relationships with the leadership team of FTSE 100 companies
- Work within and lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge products and services
- Work with our designers to research and define requirements
- Identify relevant use cases and prioritise according to a roadmap
- Prepare solid specifications for new features
- Take ownership for the delivery of a new product or service
- Play a pivotal role between our clients and our internal teams
- Challenge client opinions and assumptions
- Clearly communicate build and delivery options along with their pros and cons
- Balance project priorities
- Identify, shape and secure new business opportunities
- Demonstrate having a strong understanding of the design process and modern development practices.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
- Experience within the product manager/owner domain, or similar, for 5+ years
- A strong understanding of user-centered design and agile delivery
- Experience working with SEO Optimisation
- Knowledge of Growth Hacking
- Deep domain knowledge in one or two related areas (e.g. marketing/growth, software development, service delivery, or analytics)
- Solid technical understanding of web technologies
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams and coaching junior team members
- Strong, confident communication skills
- Became well adjusted to navigating ambiguity and challenging environments/clients.
From experience, you know how precarious these ‘go-to-market’ roads can be. Given the nature of this role, and the way in which partner with our clients, we’re looking for a very particular type of person for this role - we don’t care if you’re an introvert or an extrovert, wear sneaks or shoes, but you must have passion and tenacity when it comes to getting products and services live!
Some of our work involves travel. While we prefer to work out of our studio, we sometimes co-locate, along with working with clients outside of London. If you cannot travel please speak to us about this (you are able to opt-out).
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, if we like what we see within your application, you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. Then we’ll have a chat, in-person ideally or on the phone if better for you. After that, there will be two interviews, perhaps with a task, depending on the role you’re applying for. There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into our studio space and how we support our team. Our policies on mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Generous and competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA healthcare self cover
- A possible team bonus
- 25 days of holidays, plus additional days off at Christmas (we close between Christmas Day and New Years Day)
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18 weeks maternity full pay and 4 weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development
- Community of Practice get-togethers
- Social events, inside and outside of the studio
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the studio regularly. It's our time together to learn, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.