Senior UI Developer
If you are a Senior UI Developer with a great mix of solid technical skills, passion for emerging technologies and a hunger to innovate we have a place for you in our Helsinki studio!
As a Senior UI Developer you have a history of working with designers and crafting awesome user interfaces. You are driven by challenging projects, where you can develop your skills. Delivering what you promise and exceeding expectations mean a lot to you. You enjoy working as part of a specialist team, but you can also take responsibility independently.
You are comfortable with rapid prototyping and you’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level. With your development skills you are able to implement design concepts and complex services into perfectly functioning, responsive, high-performance digital applications and services. You are also ready to provide sales support and travel occasionally.
We're looking for people who care about their work and people they work with.
We want you to be proud of the things you design and develop.
- Complete complex projects efficiently, proactively and with excellent quality
- Adapt to new environments and learn new technical languages, tools and platforms
- Convey complex concepts to clients and colleagues in a convincing manner
- Work in an agile way (Scrum)
- Create accessible, usable and compatible end results
- Write understandable and clear technical documentation
- Guide and mentor peers
- Passion for new technologies and hunger to innovate
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative and client service mindset
- Ability to successfully work with various projects and clients at the same time
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Willingness to travel and work at client’s premises
- Solid experience in at least one of the following: React, Vue or Angular
- Understanding of APIs
- Testing Frameworks
- Tools: SASS, Node.js, NPM, Webpack, Git, Linting
Nice to have
- Back-end experience
- Working knowledge of Databases (SQL/NoSQL)
- Data Model Understanding
- DevOps experience (Docker, K8s, CI/CD, Cloud platforms, …)
- Design experience
- Understanding of Human Centered Design
- Competitive salary
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- Inspiring career paths and support for personal development
- Opportunity to travel and work in other Idean studios
- Beautiful office space in Lauttasaari with our own sauna!
- Your preferred working tools
- Home Internet connection
- A comprehensive health and wellness program, including leisure-time accident insurance and childcare for sick child
- Lunch & recreational benefits
- Weekly team breakfasts
- …and multiple other cool benefits
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
We’re a team of 50+ business designers, service designers, researchers, UX, UI and visual designers here in Finland, and part of a global network of studios. We help in building design systems, scaling design thinking and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail.
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in UX, visual design, service design and UI development. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks and easily adapt to constantly changing situations.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org