Senior Product Designer (Visual)
We’re currently looking for a Senior Product Designer (Visual) to join our team in London.
Idean is a global design studio, operating in the realms of design, technology and business. At about 80 here in London, we’re a curious and caring mix of thinkers, makers and doers. We believe that companies need to transform their business of today while building their business of tomorrow. We create products, services and Beta Businesses from scratch as well as transforming things that already exist from the ground up. Idean is a part of Capgemini Invent, and some of our projects are joint efforts with our extended family and some are Idean solo teams.
Idean is a place where you can make real change at a truly enormous scale. We work with some of the biggest and most-exciting businesses across all sorts of industries – so if you care about impact, this is a place where you can make it. We’re helping clients launch Beta Businesses and challenging existing setups in Telco, Energy, Financial Services and Retail, amongst other sectors. One of these new businesses, SMARTY, recently became the best-rated mobile network on Trustpilot. Not bad for a baby business. Our team has written a bunch of articles about their work and life here at Idean over on our blog.
We take on projects of many shapes and sizes. They can be short or long, depending on the scope. And they can sometimes involve some travel to see clients and users. However right now, like most companies around the world, we’re embracing remote working. Our studio has slowly started to re-open for those who'd like to spend time there (all optional of course) but our later plan is to develop a hybrid model, where some purposeful in-person working will sit alongside continued remote working. This means that to work at Idean UK your fixed place of residence must be in or around London (although we appreciate you might be elsewhere right now).
More about the role
In this Senior Product Designer role you will combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our awesome team of designers and visual design offer.
As a member of the design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, and branding. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who span user research, UX, and visual design, often with particular strength in one or two of these areas. For this role we’d like someone who leads with visual design but gets excited about and wants to be involved in all activities. Your experience in visual design will also include brand work, either translating brand guidelines in a digital product or service or even creating a new brand from scratch with others.
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Set visual design standards and inspire the client towards these visions
- Run experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Contribute to designing frameworks and approaches for Idean
- Collaborate with senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long-lasting change
- Contribute to new business activity
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, and you think it could work, let’s chat.
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience of brand and how to apply it in the digital product and service space
- Experience facilitating the design of new and existing products and services by bringing people together, and facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Experience of creating design systems
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Data visualisation methods and principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Solid business acumen and a hunger to learn more.
What to expect from our application process
Standard stuff, really. First, we'll take a look at your application and you’ll hear from us within a couple of weeks. If you look like a possible fit for the role, then we’ll invite you to have a remote chat with someone from our Talent team. After that, there will be two remote interviews with people from the team you’re applying to, perhaps with a task (depending on the role you’re applying for). There are no robots screening CVs here, so we apologise if it takes a little longer than expected.
A challenging, creative and supportive working environment is important to us. We’ve put a lot of thought into how we work, and how we grow and support our team. Our policies on inclusive behaviours, mental health and parental responsibilities, and more, are designed to work for our people. While we strive to be as inclusive and forward-thinking as humanly possible, we also know we can always do better. The point is, we’re keen to talk about and accommodate any need that helps you get good work done while enjoying a quality work-life balance.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension contribution of 6%
- Group Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- AXA Healthcare self cover
- 25 days of holiday
- A tiered parental leave policy, which offers 12 or 18-weeks maternity full pay and 4-weeks partner full pay (dependant on your tenure)
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Remote weekly community of practice get-togethers
- Remote weekly company updates and lunch and share sessions
- Remote quarterly company days. It's our time together to create plans and make sure everyone is involved in where we are going. It's also just a lot of fun.
Sounds good? Then apply!
You must be legally authorised to work in the UK without restrictions. Please do not apply for more than one job or location. If you wish to be considered for more than one studio please include this in a cover letter.