Business Development Director (Design)
Do you have a proven track record of adding value to your customers by being a strategic advisor? We are looking for a Business Development Director with a creative background - this could be just the position for you!
What we offer
You get to manage the whole business development lifecycle from identifying leads to growing existing accounts. You act as a trusted advisor to our most senior clients within large organisations and deliver high-value strategic advisory and consulting. You lead and facilitate client meetings and workshops in addition to bringing value to deliveries as a steering group member. You have the possibility to coach peers from across competences to excel in business development and value creation in addition to co-developing Idean thought leadership with our community.
What are we looking for?
As a fearless networker, you are just as comfortable in opening new doors as in nurturing our existing relationships. Creating long lasting relationships on all client organisation levels, from CxOs to process owners, is nothing new to you. You understand our clients’ business and their personal drivers and challenges and identify and explore new opportunities based on these relationships.
You speak fluently on the value of experience design and uncover client’s strategic business problems and targets utilising design thinking. You also know what it takes to implement creative ideas and are not afraid to speak about different technological solutions.
You have a passion to take our community and industry forward, burn for your work and care about the people you work with.
For you to excel in this position, you have
- A strong local network among interesting startups, growth companies and the 100 largest companies headquartered in Finland
- Good understanding on design methods and clients’ business processes and how creative thinking could bring more value to them
- Understanding of how forward-looking companies currently develop their business for completely new revenue streams or improve existing one's
- Several years of experience from creative agencies and/or product development teams
- A strong proactive and entrepreneurial mindset
- Worked with an annual sales quota of 1-3M€
- Excellent Finnish and English skills
- Readiness to travel. You will mainly work in the Helsinki Metropolitan area and of course we want to see you once in a while at our Helsinki headquarter in Ruoholahti!
Our benefits package
- Competitive salary
- Cool colleagues, i.e. a multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- Inspiring career paths and support for personal development
- Your preferred working tools
- Home Internet connection
- A comprehensive health and wellness program, including health insurance and childcare for sick child
- Lunch & recreational benefits
- …and multiple other cool benefits
At Idean we believe that great design can change the world. Our design team is an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in UX, visual design, service design, business design and UI development. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we do like hybrid designers who can rock multiple design tasks and easily adapt to constantly changing situations. We help our clients with building design systems, scaling design thinking and challenging existing setups for clients in Telco, Energy, Manufacturing, Financial Services and Retail.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20-year-old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We are now part of the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
Please apply for one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please apply by 27th of September 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a perfect candidate is found.
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org