Senior Interaction Designer
At Idean we believe and know that great design can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, challenging projects and crafting a work environment that supports thoughtful work and growth.
We are looking for a talented Senior Interaction Designer to join our studio either in Austin, San Francisco or Philadelphia.
You have 4+ years of experience in designing new digital products and services using human centered design practices. You understand the importance of user experience, and know how to drive alignment across multidisciplinary teams, and get buy-in from stakeholders for your design decisions.
You are passionate about solving design challenges together on a team of other designers, researchers, developers and producers, and you care even for the smallest details in design.
We offer a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. We are proud of our many and diverse clients that allow us to constantly learn and adapt for each client or project's unique requirements. You’ll be working as a part of a multidisciplinary team with these diverse clients, who range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Design interaction models, wireframes, and visuals for different platforms
- Create product prototypes and service blueprints
- Design user interfaces and visualize complex data
- Create and apply design systems and principles, and document interaction design patterns and visual styles
- Use Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Figma proficiently, and learn new tools quickly
- Plan and run workshops, co-creation & brainstorming sessions to define product and service concepts
- Conduct design research throughout the design process
- Present your designs to clients and elaborate on design decisions made
- Collaborate with other designers, researchers, developers and our clients
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, visual design, product design or a related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience (experience, interaction, product design) and a portfolio of your recent work
- Solid experience of usability, accessibility and user centered design practices, including research
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Real passion for learning new technologies and hunger to innovate
- Willingness to travel for up to 50% of time (right now we all work from home though)
- A friendly team that strives to grow and help you to stay up to date on emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Trust and independence
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive salary and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies
Step 1: Send your application with your resume and a link to your portfolio. If you have a cover letter, feel free to add it too, but that is not required.
Step 2: We read through your application, and if we like what we see, we'll set up a 30-minute screener video call with you.
Step 3: If both you and us are still excited, we’ll set you up to meet with our Design Lead on a 30-minute call.
Step 4: After talking with our Design Lead, we will also have a chance for you to meet with some of our Philadelphia team to present your work and have a series of interviews with various team members.
Step 5: If we think you're a good fit, we'll set up one more 30-minute video call for you to speak with our recruiter about hiring and offer logistics.
Step 6: We'll send you an offer we hope you accept.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Idean expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Idean’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.