Senior Experience Designer
We are looking for a talented Senior Experience Designer to join our studio in Philadelphia.
At Idean we believe and know that great design can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, challenging projects and crafting a work environment that supports thoughtful work and growth.
You have 4+ years of experience in designing new digital products and services for various platforms and industries using human centered design practices. Not only do you understand the importance of user experience, but you also know how to build that strategically and communicate it to our clients and design teams.
You are passionate about solving design challenges together on a team of other designers, researchers, developers and producers, and you have experience in supporting other creative team members to achieve your shared goal. You strive to deliver pixel-perfect work and ensure the quality of the whole team’s deliverables.
We offer a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. We are proud of our many and diverse clients that allow us to constantly learn and adapt for each client or project's unique requirements. You’ll be working as a part of a multidisciplinary team with these diverse clients, who range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Gather customer and business requirements and create overall product concepts and strategies
- Design the interaction models, wireframes, and visuals for different platforms
- Lead and support the creative process of a project team with minimal to no oversight
- Mentor and inspire junior members of the design team
- Work collaboratively with other team members (e.g., researchers and service designers)
- Build long lasting relationships with our clients and spot future opportunities
- Create product prototypes and service blueprints
- Design user interfaces and visualize complex data
- Use Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and Figma proficiently and learn new tools quickly
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions to define product and service concepts and strategies
- Present your designs to client and elaborate on design decisions made
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in human-computer interaction, visual design, product design or a related field
- 4+ years of relevant work experience (experience, interaction, product design) and a portfolio of your recent work
- Experience in creating and applying Design Systems
- Excellent understanding of usability, accessibility and user centered design practices
- Experience in leading and mentoring small design teams
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Real passion for learning new technologies and hunger to innovate
- Willingness to travel for up to 50% of time (right now we all work from home though)
- Vibrant studio located in the Curtis Center
- A friendly team that strives to grow and help you to stay up to date on emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Trust and independence
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive salary and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies
Step 1: Send your application with your resume and a link to your portfolio. If you have a cover letter, feel free to add it too, but that is not required. Please note that in our application form, there are also two questions we would like you to answer to:
- Choose a company that clearly needs help improving their product, service, website, or app. What are they doing wrong and how would you help?
- In which phase of the design process are you most at home? Within a large team project, where are you most comfortable stepping up to take lead?
Step 2: We read through your application, and if we like what we see, we'll set up a 30-minute screener video call with you.
Step 3: If both you and us are still excited, we’ll set you up to meet with our Design Lead on a 30-minute call.
Step 4: After talking with our Design Lead, we will also have a chance for you to meet with some of our Philadelphia team to present your work and have a series of interviews with various team members.
Step 5: If we think you're a good fit, we'll set up one more 30-minute video call for you to speak with our recruiter about hiring and offer logistics.
Step 6: We'll send you an offer we hope you accept.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Idean expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Idean’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.