Senior Project Manager
We are currently looking for an accomplished Senior Project Manager to join our studio in Philadelphia.
At Idean, we take a human-centered design approach to help businesses create innovative services, products, and experiences. It all starts with awesome people, challenging projects and crafting a work environment that support the production of brilliant and amazing work.
In this Senior Project Manager role, you will do everything you can to ensure projects run smoothly and on budget, and above all else, make sure our clients’ expectations are met. You build positive relationships with both clients and internal teams and can independently handle your own accounts.
You understand that every project is unique. It is easy for you to lead and direct multiple projects that may require working with team members in other studios and/or geographic locations. Communication is a crucial part of your daily work. You demonstrate the ability to anticipate changes and potential problems that may arise and know when to bring issues to senior management.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an extremely talented team on a range of projects that showcase Idean’s expertise in customer experience, user experience, user interface, service design and technology.
- Lead projects from kickoff to final delivery (e.g. resourcing, internal/client kickoff, status calls and meetings, reports, reviews/iteration sessions, co-creation workshops, delivery meetings, etc.)
- Be the clients’ point of contact for all day-to-day project-related issues
- Flag scope issues requiring change orders well in advance as well as finding opportunities to upsell new business
- Run project financials including overall project budget, scope estimates, profitability, revenue forecasts and invoicing
- Effectively work across a range of SaaS tools to handle project and team communications (e.g., Teams, Trello, Slack, G Suite, etc.)
- Closely work with individuals within Idean and across other groups in Capgemini to ensure that projects are properly resourced and that projects reflect accurate staffing needs based on changing project needs
- Collaborate on new business proposals and statements of work including approach, deliverables and budget
- 5+ years of experience working on complex projects, including design and non-design teams and workstreams
- Creative thinking and analytical capabilities to build solutions for clients
- Experience solving business challenges through a human-centered design approach of research, workshops, journey mapping, concepting, prototyping, service blueprints, etc.
- Experience working with projects through the entire research to design to development lifecycle. Experience in Agile and Lean software delivery a plus
- Track record of delivering projects on time and on budget, while ensuring client and design team happiness
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, work with tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management, financial management, interpersonal and leadership skills
- A natural attention to detail and the ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Willingness to travel for up to 50% of time (right now we all work from home though)
- Vibrant studio located in the Curtis Center
- A friendly team that strives to grow and help you to stay up to date on emerging technologies, trends, and tools
- Trust and independence
- Ability to work remotely
- Competitive salary and Paid Time Off (PTO) policies
Step 1: Send your application with your resume and a possible link to your website or portfolio. If you have a cover letter, feel free to add it too, but that is not required.
Step 2: We read through your application, and if we like what we see, we'll set up a 30-minute screener video call with you.
Step 3: If both you and us are still excited, we’ll set you up to meet with our Team Lead on a 30-minute call.
Step 4: After talking with our Team Lead, we will also have a chance for you to meet with some of our Philadelphia team to have a series of interviews with various team members.
Step 5: If we think you're a good fit, we'll set up one more 30-minute video call for you to speak with our recruiter about hiring and offer logistics.
Step 6: We'll send you an offer we hope you accept.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location.
Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without restrictions.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.