Head of Studio
Are you an accomplished and innovative leader who is ready to take the next step in your career? Are you interested in leading a group of extremely talented designers and making a difference in the world through experience design?
If so, then our Head of Studio position at Idean New York might be for you.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
At Idean, part of Capgemini Invent, we believe and know that great design can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects, and crafting a work environment that supports brilliant and meaningful work.
As Head of Studio, you will lead, mentor, and develop our talented New York design and delivery team. To be successful in this position, you should have senior-level experience at a design agency, as your responsibilities will include pitching new deals, resourcing, design leadership, talent acquisition and seeking out new business. You also have an existing network in the creative space and are well respected by leading customers.
The ideal candidate for Head of Studio will also be highly involved in new business development. With the help of your existing network and Idean’s existing Master Service Agreements with local Fortune 500 customers, you will play an essential part in expanding our accounts within the New York region.
Three key principles that we look for in every new individual joining Idean are talent, attitude and friendliness. These principles are valid in everything we do, both internally within the company and also externally when working with our customers.
- Provide oversight and direction to employees in the New York studio in accordance with Idean operating policies
- Grow the business by becoming a trusted advisor to our clients
- Find and drive new business opportunities from current and new customers, pitching new projects and closing deals
- Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and career development supported by HR
- Work with Talent Acquisition team to recruit, interview, select and hire the appropriate number of employees based on growth plan and sales volume
- Closely cooperate with Idean Leadership and Head of Studio teams on ensuring goals for the New York studio are met
- Manage key projects and accounts hands-on to maximize growth opportunities with accounts
- Oversee quality of work delivered to customers and developing customer relationships
- Work closely with our other Head of Studio leaders across the country to ensure the best customer experience and cooperation by utilizing the one-Idean DNA approach
- 6 years of experience in a senior leadership role in a design or creative agency required
- Strong business acumen and understanding of operating a design agency / consulting business
- Outgoing personality with expertise at developing solid relationships internally and externally (i.e., a “people person")
- Eagerness and interest to pitch new projects, close new deals and grow the business
- Ability to quickly and effectively mitigate risk by identifying alternate solutions and approaches to problems and issues
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong local market contact network
- Ability to check your ego at the door
- Willingness to travel
- Competitive salary + bonus plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente
- Company paid life insurance
- 401(k) w/ match
- Weekly lunch and beer o’clock
- Inheritance of a totally awesome, multidisciplinary and crazy talented team to grow with
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.