Senior Project Manager
We are currently looking for an accomplished Senior Project Manager to join our studio in New York.
At Idean, we take a human-centered design approach to help businesses create innovative services, products, and experiences. It all starts with awesome people, challenging projects and crafting a work environment that support the production of brilliant and amazing work.
In this Senior Project Manager role you will do everything you can to ensure projects run smoothly and on budget, and above all else, make sure our clients’ expectations are met. You build positive relationships with both clients and internal teams, and can independently handle your own accounts.
You understand that every project is unique. It is easy for you to lead and direct multiple projects that may require working with team members in other studios and/or geographic locations. Communication is a crucial part of your daily work. You demonstrate the ability to anticipate changes and potential problems that may arise and know when to bring issues to senior management.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with an extremely talented team on a range of projects that showcase Idean’s expertise in customer experience, user experience, user interface, service design and technology.
- Lead projects from kickoff to final delivery (e.g. resourcing, internal/client kickoff, status calls and meetings, reports, reviews/iteration sessions, co-creation workshops, delivery meetings, etc.)
- Be the clients’ point of contact for all day-to-day project-related issues
- Flag scope issues requiring change orders well in advance as well as finding opportunities to upsell new business
- Run project financials including overall project budget, scope estimates, profitability, revenue forecasts and invoicing
- Effectively work across a range of SaaS tools to handle project and team communications (i.e. Smartsheet, Trello, Slack, G Suite – any experience with Mavenlink, a plus)
- Closely co-operate with the entire organization to ensure that projects are properly resourced and that projects reflect accurate staffing needs based on changing project needs
- Collaborate with internal teams on new business proposals and statements of work including approach, deliverables and budget
- 5+ years of experience working on complex projects, preferably in a design agency environment
- Creative thinking and analytical capabilities to build solutions for clients
- Experience solving business challenges through a human-centered design approach of research, workshops, journey mapping, concepting, prototyping, service blueprints, etc.
- Experience in Agile and Lean software delivery
- Track record of delivering projects on time, with positive margins and ensuring client and design team happiness
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, work with tight deadlines and prioritize tasks
- Excellent time management, financial management, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Management experience training and mentoring junior level support
- A natural attention to detail and the ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna and Kaiser Permanente
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- …and multiple other cool benefits
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Idean expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Idean’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.