We are looking for talented Visual Designers to join studio in New York City.
Idean is a global design consultancy with 20 year old Scandinavian roots that now stretch worldwide. We joined the Capgemini Invent family with aligned ambitions to help our clients build what's next. Invent combines market leading expertise in strategy, technology, data science and creative design to help business leaders plot a path to the future and provide the right vehicle for getting there.
At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that supports the production of brilliant and inspiring work.
You understand the importance of user experience and role of visual design in developing new products and services. You’re familiar with user-centric design processes on a practical level, and with your visual design skills you can bring new concepts and even complex wireframes alive. You don’t just paint the wires, you can improve actual user experience.
You love solving design challenges together with other designers and developers, but you can also take responsibility independently. You persevere when things get tough and can meet deadlines in a changing working environment. You like working closely with our Interaction Designer and clients, and you can easily communicate your design decisions to everyone you collaborate with. You continuously follow visual design trends and know when and how to use them in your projects.
At Idean, we offer a creative environment that pushes you to learn and grow. We are proud of our many and diverse clients that allow our employees to constantly learn as they adapt their own approaches for each client or project's exclusive requirements. You’ll be working as a part of a multidisciplinary team with these diverse clients, who range from start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
- Work closely with the entire Design team to build the wow-effect visual designs
- Produce multiple designs for different platforms and devices
- Craft style guides for clients’ products and services that other Designer team members and our clients can utilize and follow
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with internal Design team members or with client to define visual design direction
- Present visual designs to client and elaborate on design decisions made
- Successfully work with various projects and clients
- 2+ years experience in Visual Design
- Diverse visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices
- Visual design experience in an agency environment
- Strong understanding of usability and user centered design practices
- Real passion for new technologies and hunger to innovate
- Proficiency of creating visual designs with appropriate software toolbox
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an attention to detail
- Willingness to travel and work at client offices within the area (up to 60%)
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente.
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- …and multiple other cool benefits
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Idean provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Idean complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.