Director of Strategy and Growth
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Strategy and Growth to join us in Austin. At Idean we believe and know that great UX can change the world. It all starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
The Director of Strategy and Growth is a crucial role for Idean's success and that of its clients. You will bring in groundbreaking, innovative projects by establishing new relationships with potential clients as well as expanding existing client relationships, which we are looking to expand throughout the bay area and the west coast. You need to be eager to continually hunt for new business to grow revenue. Idean works across the USA with a multitude of large enterprises like IBM, Oracle, Amazon, Symantec, Ericsson, HP and AT&T to name a few. We can assure you that your existing, vast network of relevant business contacts in the San Francisco Bay area will grow even further.
Our clients are CxOs, SVPs, VPs, and other high level R&D, IT, product management, development and marketing executives at large corporations. Our existing customers specialize in wearables, software, telecommunications, consumer electronics, aerospace, automotive and mobile technology, just to mention a few. The Business Development Director role requires engagement with poise, expertise and experience; you possess natural talent in listening and can provide creative solutions for their business challenges.
We require you to have solid experience in sales, experience in selling professional services and consulting, is considered a plus, and be passionate about digital services and awesome design. You truly must love sales, meeting new people and closing new business. Our Design and Delivery team will support you with industry insights, proposal creation, scoping and qualifying opportunities.
- Independently manage your sales pipeline from lead generation to closing, while simultaneously prioritizing workload and efforts based on probability, in order to continuously have a balanced pipeline of incoming new business
- Meet key metrics including continuously maintaining minimum target pipeline (suspecting, opportunity qualification, preparing proposal, proposed and contracting) at each stage of the sales pipeline and having no less than 8 new business meetings weekly with qualified leads
- Both independently and with the assistance of our Design and Delivery team, create compelling proposals that provide solutions for our customers UX/CX challenges
- Confidently deliver proposals and presentations, both independently and part of a group to potential customers
- Analyze client’s business, products, needs, budgeting cycles and organizational structure and act upon that information to generate new ideas, projects and revenue
- Meet annual sales quota of 4 to 6 million USD with a local book of business in the SF bay area
- 7+ years of experience in B2B sales with focus on Fortune 500 corporations
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage the sales process from lead generation to closing and exceeding annual targets continuously
- Experience meeting a high outbound contact quota every week
- Demonstrated ability to close deals with new logos and building strong relationship in existing large accounts
- Strong local network of C-level executives throughout the bay area and west coast
- Ability to understand customer’s business challenges (quantitative, conceptual, analytical) and scenarios quickly and propose constructive UX/CX business solutions independently
- Experience in presenting to C-level executives, persuading them to select Idean and negotiate on behalf of the company to close the deal
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent verbal and written skills
- Strong "can do” customer service attitude with passion for the UX/CX field
- Competitive salary + bonus model
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- Health & wellness program
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
…and multiple other cool benefits!
We are seeking local candidates who have an existing established business network in Texas. No relocation is offered for this position.
…and multiple other cool benefits!
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.
Idean does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Idean employees or any other company location. Idean is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.