Senior Service Designer
We are looking for experienced Senior Service Designers to join our growing team in San Francisco.
In this role you will
- Lead projects which entails being the primary point of contact for clients and holding responsibility for project strategy, deliverables, quality, profitability, and team development and happiness
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build multi-channel services
- Coach junior members of the team to drive project deliverables
- Design and lead qualitative and quantitative research
- Analyze services and uncover failures and their root causes
- Design and run research programs
- Understand the supporting systems and organizational structures which uphold the current service and design improvements, both digital product and process
- Design service strategies to improve existing services that are informed by research
- Design and iterate on service value propositions
Design and experimentation
- Lead experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Design and lead workshops for senior clients and stakeholders
- Design service touchpoints
- Prototype new service interactions
- Implement changes to existing services
- Work with the team to launch new services into the market
Client and project management
- Manage senior stakeholder groups to successfully influence long lasting change
- Maintain authentic relationships with stakeholders, often providing counsel beyond the scope of the engagement
- Produce clear documentation, presentations, and workshop materials
- Manage project risks and interdependencies
- Contribute to business development through proactively identifying new opportunities, attending new client meetings, leading on proposal writing and pitching to clients, and contributing to marketing activity and thought leadership
- Take an active interest in the service design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and the community
- Show initiative in broader company practices and processes by making improvement suggestions and sharing best practice.
We are looking for these skills and experience
Awareness, analysis and insight
- You can conceptualize ideas and form intelligent insights. You identify patterns that can be developed into an insight or framework that guides the creation of new ideas for a client.
- You can deconstruct complex problems in order to question underlying assumptions and constraints, often questioning and reframing problems. You are able to create new stimulus to drive solutions and the development of new methods and approaches to tackling client problems.
- You can design and run senior client workshops. You are able to respond to feedback within the workshop to adjust the agenda, content or style of the activities to gain maximum value from the session.
- You can lead an engaging presentation to senior clients, responding to questions and objections throughout. You ensure clients leave with a deeper understanding and you leave them feeling inspired about the program of work or recommendation. You can create a discourse that drives a winning outcome.
- You think outside of your program of work, in our context the project, and seek out opportunities, for you, your company and your clients. You are comfortable with a level of ambiguity and relish the opportunity to make things better, or do things differently or in an unimagined way. You delegate well to ensure you and your team have impact and deliver.
- You can intelligently deliver complex messages and maintain productive dialogues, ensuring complexities are examined without attention dropping from important areas. You can cultivate 360 communication to generate winning deliverables. You can manage difficult conversations, providing feedback to individuals. You are able to leverage a variety of influencing techniques to bring others on board with your vision.
Other experience that we feel is important for this role
- User experience and design is at the heart of everything that you do
- Innovation, digital transformation, customer experience, and/or digital product and service development
- 5+ years of experience doing this kind of work
- Keenly interested in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Sketching and prototyping skills
- Experience of Agile and Lean working
- Experience of working closely with designers and technologists
- Competitive salary
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and company holidays
- Unlimited Caltrain GoPass (all zones, all days)
- Benefit supplement to cover Medical, Dental & Vision for major plans offered from BlueShield, Aetna & Kaiser Permanente
- Basic life insurance
- Weekly lunch
- Health & wellness program
- Multidisciplinary design & development team to grow with
- …and multiple other cool benefits
You must be legally authorized to work in the US without restrictions.
Please do not apply for more than one job or location. Should Idean decide to proceed with your application all applicants are happily considered for other locations. Applying to multiple positions and/or locations can result in a delayed interview process. All of the Idean recruiting team that review applications are able to see the process through for all locations and jobs.