How to build growth into new ventures from the ground up
The Beta Business Makers Meet #2
October 10, 2019
We’re a community of curious and ambitious people, all interested in figuring out what it takes to build successful new ventures
Or as we call them, Beta Businesses.
We’re running a series of events for those of you creating, building and launching the businesses of tomorrow.
This time it’s all about growth strategies
We’ll be discussing growth tactics, product-market fit and scaling to work out how to build growth into a Beta Business from the ground up.
- Polly Barnes, Co-Founder of The Talent Stack, who’ll be sharing her experience driving growth through talent in fast-moving organisations
- Helen Changela, General Manager of SMARTY, who’ll dig deep into her learnings from SMARTY’s growth success story
- Charlotte Fereday, Business Design Director here at Idean UK on why growing new ventures is more difficult than it seems - and how you can make it easier
- Ben Wynn, Chief Product Officer at Equals, previously DAD by Homeserve A, who’ll share his strategy for performance-driven growth
You’ll come away with:
- real-life examples from businesses already working on digital ventures
- insights from our own experts in business, design and tech
- a clear picture of how to grow new ventures, or how to structure your existing business for growth
Figuring out the businesses of tomorrow is hard, but it’s also a load of fun. We promise great speakers, great food and drink, and even greater company.
Introduce yourself on email@example.com to request an invite.
6:30pm doors open, food and drink
7:10pm Hello from James Haycock: Beta Business model
7:20pm Helen Changela, Smarty: road to growth
7:40pm Charlotte Fereday, Idean UK: why growing new ventures is more difficult than it seems
8:20pm Panel conversation with Helen, Charlotte, Polly Barnes (Talent Stack) and Ben Wynn (Chief Product Officer at Equals, previously DAD by Homeserve)
9:00pm drinks and networking
Join the Beta Business community
We’ve designed, built and launched Beta Businesses for some of the biggest names in finance, telco and retail. So we’ve got a lot to share.
Our community is designed for those of you who are already launching new digital ventures or are considering them as a way to build your business for tomorrow. It’s a chance to speak to other people pursuing similar ventures, and come away with a clear idea how to launch your own.
Introduce yourself on firstname.lastname@example.org to join the conversation.